Trillium Privacy Center
Trillium is vigilant about safeguarding your privacy. The following resources are designed to help protect your health information.
If you have questions or need further information, please contact us using our form by clicking here.
Trillium is also intersted in your privacy and has put togethere the following resources together for your use and information. Please let us know if you have any questions about this information as we are here to help answer your questions
when you have them.
Your Health Information
Is Protected By Federal Law
Most of us believe that our medical and other health information is private and should be protected, and we want to know who has this information. The Privacy Rule, a federal law, gives you rights over your health information and sets rules and limits on who can look at and receive your health information. The Privacy Rule applies to all forms of individuals' protected health information, whether electronic, written, or oral. The Security Rule is a federal law that requires security for health information in electronic form..
- Appointment of Representative form: English |
Used to appoint someone to act on your behalf with regard to your health information
- Authorization to Use or Disclose Form: English | Spanish Used to authorize Trillium to use or disclose your health information
- Request for Access
Used to request access to your health information
- Request to Amend
Used to request a correction be made to your health information
- Request for Restriction
Used to request a restriction on disclosures of your health information
- Request for Accounting of Disclosures
An accounting of who your information was disclosed to
- HIPAA Privacy Complaint Form
Used to report a Privacy concern to Trillium
Who Must Follow These LawsWe call the entities that must follow the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) regulations "Covered Entities."
Covered entities include:
- Health Plans
- Health Care Providers
- Health Care Clearinghouses
- In addition, Business Associates of
Covered Entities must follow parts
of the HIPAA regulations.
What Information Is Protected
- Information your doctors and other health care providers put in your medical record.
- Conversations your doctor has about your care or treatment with nurses and others.
- Information about you in your health insurer's computer system.
- Billing information about you at your clinic.
- Most other health information about you held by those who must follow these laws.
See the Notice of Privacy Practices for details on how Trillium protects your information and your rights regarding this information.
Privacy Concerns or ComplaintsYou may also report Privacy Concerns or Complaints to the Office of Civil Rights
2201 Sixth Avenue - M/S: RX-11
Seattle, WA 98121-1831
Voice Phone (800) 368-1019
FAX (206) 615-2297
TDD (800) 537-7697
Email - OCRComplaint@hhs.gov